Sean Spicer - sadly - says 'no' to 'Dancing With the Stars'

Calvin Saunders
August 5, 2017

Sources told the entertainment news website TMZ that Spicer was not known for his prowess on the dance floor and had two left feet.

Shortly after Sean Spicer's resignation, Page Six broke the news that Dancing With The Stars reached out to offer him a spot on the show's next season.

According to TMZ, sources claim that Spicer has turned down the DWTS offer due to an "overwhelming number of commitments in the fall".

The reality show producers were hopeful of roping in Spicer on the show, Page Six reported in July.

Read: Where Is Sean Spicer As White House Briefing Held Off-Camera Monday? Then, Scaramucci was sacked after just 10 days as communications director, which prompted further speculation that Spicer would remain at the White House after all.

More news: The CW sets date for next Arrow-verse crossover
More news: The Best Livestreams for Watching the 2017 Total Eclipse
More news: Here's how to Send Money

The meetings must have led to something more interesting as there was no indication Spicer would be returning to the White House following Scaramucci's ouster earlier this week.

Twitter reacted with disappointment to the news that Spicer would not be appearing on Dancing With The Stars after all.

Spicer became a household name in only a few months as press secretary, his sometimes-combative style lambasted by Saturday Night Live.

SNL's last season was its most-watched season in 23 years, and some of the most appreciated episodes were those where McCarthy mimicked Spicer and the way he would go into bursts of anger toward reporters.

Other reports by MaliBehiribAe

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER