Pence denies eyeing presidential bid amid distance with Trump over Russian Federation

Marsha Scott
Августа 7, 2017

But these allegations occur at a time when Washington is rustling of rumors and doubts about the future of the presidency, Trump, undermined by the investigations on the case of Russian, the rivalries internal to the White House and the behaviour, unconventional, or even uncontrollable, of the american president. In response, CNN wrote up a list of five Republicans who could challenge Trump: Senators Ted Cruz, Jeff Flake, Ben Sasse and Governors Jon Kasich and Scott Walker.

A key factor in play is the 2018 midterm elections, which many political observers consider a litmus test for Republicans and Democrats.

On a trip to Eastern Europe last week, Mr Pence repeatedly made hawkish statements about Russian Federation that differed from Mr Trump's public comments.

Vice President Mike Pence on Sunday called a report "categorically false" after it suggested Republicans are forming a "shadow campaign" to help elect him for the US presidency in 2020.

Is the Vice President gathering his own support group for real?

But Pence called the article "fake news" and said his entire team was focused on advancing Trump's agenda and seeing him re-elected in 2020.

Читайте также: Sunday's episode of Game of Thrones has leaked online

Vice President Mike Pence is vociferously attacking a New York Times story which reports that he and his staff have been quietly working to make sure that he is well-positioned to run for president in 2020 should Trump be unwilling or unable to pursue a second term.

In a statement issued by the White House, Pence called the Times piece "fake news" as well as "disgraceful and offensive" and "laughable and absurd".

"The allegations in this article are categorically false and represent just the latest attempt by the media to divide this Administration", Pence said in an official statement.

Thanks to the President's leadership, we are rebuilding the military, ISIS is on the run, and we've seen more than 1 million jobs created while the stock market hits all-time highs. Conway said that Pence "is getting ready for 2020" but to run for his second term as vice president, adding that any claims otherwise are "complete fiction, complete fabrication".

"Most of the people quoted, most involved, I'm sure, have never won a national political campaign like the one I was involved in and you were involved in years ago", Conway told Stephanopoulos, who was a top aide to Bill Clinton during his 1992 presidential campaign.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Other reports by

Discuss This Article