Nicole Eggert files sexual assault police report against Scott Baio

Calvin Saunders
February 8, 2018

Former Baywatch and Charles in Charge star Nicole Eggert has filed a police report against actor Scott Baio, alleging sexual abuse when she was a minor.

TMZ reports that detectives from the LAPD's Sexual Assault Section interviewed Eggert yesterday at the offices of her attorney Lisa Bloom. Two detectives reportedly spent two hours to interview Nicole, who detailed the alleged sexual harassment that happened when she was 14, 15 and 16. "When Nicole started tweeting about this again late a year ago, shortly after the major stories broke about sexual harassment in entertainment, my attorneys sent her and Alex Polinsky a letter advising and requesting that they take their allegations to law enforcement for a full investigation", Scott further shared. Baio said he had consensual sex with her once, but only after she had turned 18, the legal age of consent. Bloom also provided police with a list of witnesses who will corroborate Eggert's claims.

Los Angeles detectives have pledged to interview Baio, though it is unclear if they can actually press any charges. Sara Gilbert broke down in tears when she read how Baio allegedly assaulted her friend while he worked on the show. It was clear; however, how heartbroken Sara was reading the abuse her friend had not only witnessed but also suffered according to his statement.

Nicole Eggert has made her allegations against Scott Baio official. "If anyone else has information about this matter please contact us", Bloomd continued. "I apologised for pushing her too hard and should have been more sympathetic. Creep", Eggert wrote in a social media post last month. However, for crimes that date years before that, "prosecution for the crimes of rape, sodomy, lewd or lascivious acts, continuous sexual abuse of a child, oral copulation, and sexual penetration, if committed against a victim who was under 18 years of age, may be commenced at any time prior to the victim's 40th birthday".

Baio was quick to come forward with a denial of the accusations against him, first taking to Facebook Live to explain his side of the story, calling Eggert's credibility into question.

More news: HIV Positive Cases Detected at Single Health Camp in UP's Unnao
More news: Philadelphia Eagles hit with illness just days before Super Bowl LII
More news: Alexis Sanchez nets on home debut as Manchester United win against Huddersfield

"It took Nicole a long time to come to the decision that she wanted to let the world know what Scott Baio did to her and it's been very freeing for her to finally talk about what happened", a representative for Eggert added to Page Six.

"We've been demanding since a year ago that Nicole Eggert bring her story to the authorities", Baio's rep told the site.

"I don't know if you've ever been on a sitcom set, but on any given day - on every day - and especially Charles in Charge, which was like a picnic every day. there's teachers, parents, family, crew, producers, my dad", Baio told GMA's Amy Robach. "She told me it was much worse than she described on air".

Reps for Baio and Eggert did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.

Other reports by MaliBehiribAe

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER