India suspend Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul over controversial TV remarks

Hope Soto
January 14, 2019

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) have suspended both Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul till the completion of the enquiry for their inappropriate comments.

He also told a story about an incident where he was out with his parents at a party and told them about a woman he had previously had a "scene" with. From wearing the badge of a womaniser with all prowess and to his distasteful comments, Hardik Pandya brought shame to cricket community, but also millions of young people who looked up to him. One of the many controversial things said by the all-rounder was, "Aaj mai kar ke aya" - referring to the time he lost his virginity. The BCCI will announce Friday whether it plans to ban or suspend them, which has delayed the announcement of India's squad for the first ODI against Australia, slated to take place Saturday in Sydney. Rahul answered saying, "up to the woman" while an outspoken Hardik said: "Nahi nahi aisa kuch nahi hai, talent pe hota hai".

"We must take a view by the time second ODI gets over as we can not afford to debilitate team strength due to delinquent behaviour on the part of some player", Mr. Rai had written. "You are just watching and observing how they move", he said. "I'm little from the black side so I need to see how they move".

Ishqbaaaz actress Shrenu Parikh took to social media and express a sense of anguish over cricketer Hardik Pandya's sexist remarks on the sixth season of Koffee With Karan.

Supriyo tweeted, "With due & utter respect to Diana Edulji & her contribution to Indian cricket, May I say that her thinking has got "fossil" to contemplate such extreme steps".

More news: Police Called To South Side Nightclub As R. Kelly Celebrates Birthday
More news: Google Assistant is about to get way better for frequent travelers
More news: At the border, Trump moves closer to emergency declaration

Pandya posted an apology to his social media accounts claiming he had "reflected" on his comments.

"The two players concerned have realised what has gone wrong and they have understood the magnitude of what has happened", he added.

The series comes after India's historic Test series win Down Under - the country's first in 71 years.

The pair will miss the entire three-match ODI series in Australia, set to start on Saturday at the SCG, followed by the tour of New Zealand.

Other reports by MaliBehiribAe

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER